Council of Fashion Designers of America
The 2005 CFDA Fashion Awards winners was announced at the annual gala, underwritten by Swarovski, on June 6th at The New York Public Library..and here are the winners and the honorees..and click here to view pictures from the event..
Womenswear designer of the year
- Vera Wang
Menswear designer of the year
- John Varvatos
Accessory designer of the year
- Marc Jacobs (for his signature collection)
Swarovski’s Perry Ellis Award for Ready-to-Wear
- Derek Lam
Swarovski’s Perry Ellis Award for Menswear
- Alexandre Plokhov for Cloak
Swarovski’s Perry Ellis Award for Accessory Design
- Anthony Camargo and Nak Armstrong for Anthony Nak
Eugenia Sheppard Award:
Awarded to a writer, photographer, or editor who has used his or her craft to further the profession of fashion reporting and coverage, or to a creative director, fashion editor, stylist, or artist whose exceptional creativity has shaped fashion visually.
- Gilles Bensimon, Publication Director, ELLE
Awarded to a designer working outside of America who has made an outstanding creative contribution to the world of fashion.
- Alber Elbaz, Artistic Director, Lanvin
Lifetime Achievement Award
Awarded for a “lifetime” of consistent, creative influence and dedication to fashion.
- Diane Von Furstenberg
Award for Fashion Influence
Awarded to an individual whose signature style has had a profound influence on fashion.
- Kate Moss, she is credited for popularizing the ugg boots and the famous balenciaga bag (previous awards went to Sarah Jessica Parker and Nicole Kidman)
Board of Director’s Special Tribute
A special tribute by the Board of Directors of the CFDA, given from time to time to acknowledge significant contributions and commitment to fashion.
- Norma Kamali